STRUCTURE (MACRO TOOLS)
- DZ-46: Structure & Point of View
What questions do you want your audience asking at any given time?
- DZ-43: Driving Sequences – Character and Plot Intensity
What gives your sequences their intensity?
- DZ-10: Midpoint Reversals and The Ride
- DZ-49: Antagonists! (Part 1) – vs Humans
- DZ-50: Antagonists! (Part 2) – vs Self
- DZ-51: Antagonists! (Part 3) – vs Nature
- DZ-52: Antagonists! (Part 4) – vs Systems
- DZ-53: Antagonists! (Part 5) – vs Audience
- DZ-33: Protagonist vs Hero – Dawn of Character Function
- DZ-09: Characterising Introductions
- DZ-03: Making unlikeable protagonists compelling
- DZ-55: Character Motivations (Part 1)
What to do when a reader says “I don’t buy that he/she would do that”?
- DZ-56: Character Motivations (Part 2)
Workshopping ways to fix character motivations
FIRST ACT PROBLEMS
- DZ-44: Marvel, First Acts and Establishing Characters
- DZ-15: World Building Rules, Okay?
How does setting up rules help you build a world?
- DZ-04: Catharsis and the Post-Coital Cigarette
How does the end of certain films make your soul shudder?
SCENE WORK (MICRO TOOLS)
- DZ-40: Tactics and Scenes
How do tactics make your characters and scenes more dynamic?
- DZ-05: Shifting audience point of view and heightened emotions
- DZ-29: Showdowns & Scene Structure