How can games elevate dramatic scenes?
In part two of this two parter, Stu and Chas go further into the game (of the scene) and look at how games force characters *other* than the protagonist to interact. We deep dive into the wonderful social satires of TRIANGLE OF SADNESS and THE FAVOURITE.
We discuss how games reveal character through competency and decisions, how resources and skills impact the tactics that characters employ, and the difference between referees, rule lawyers, rule makers and rule breakers.
Thanks to Chris Walker for editing this episode.
As always: SPOILERS ABOUND and all copyright material used under fair use for educational purposes.
- 00:00:00 – Cold Open
- 00:00:19 – Sponsor: ScriptUp
- 00:01:45 – Intro: Follow up
- 00:10:50 – Triangle of Sadness (Parts 1 and 2)
- 00:35:37 – Sponsor: Arc Studio Pro
- 00:38:25 – Triangle of Sadness (Part 3)
- 00:52:51 – The Favourite
- 01:30:34 – Wrap Up & Key Learnings
- 01:40:30 – Thanks to our Patreons!
This episode brought to you by (drum roll):
- ScriptUp: https://www.scriptupstudio.com – use promo code DZ10 to get 10% off
- ArcStudio: go to https://www.arcstudiopro.com/draftzero for $30 off a pro subscription!
And how can we forget our awesome Patreons, especially Lily, Alexandre, Casimir, Jennifer, Thomas, Garrett, Randy, Jesse, Sandra, Theis, and Khrob.
Please considering rating or subscribing to us on Apple Podcasts or sharing us on the Social Medias! We like finding new listeners.
We are @stuwillis, and @chasffisher on twitter. You can find @draft_zero and @_shotzero on Instagram and Twitter.
BUY DRAFT ZERO MERCH via TeePublic
SUBSCRIBE TO SHOT ZERO via our many social medias!