Are you a filmmaker but not sure how to start your career?
Draft Zero was invited to moderate a panel as part of the 2015 St Kilda Film Festival. In our very first live episode, we are joined by TV Writer Mithila Gupta (Winners and Losers), Director Corrie Chen (Reg Makes Contact) and Producer/Executive Simon de Bruyn (Acquisitions Executive, XYZ Films and Producer) to talk about ‘breaking in’, how it has changed, the different approaches, opportunities and challenges. They share their tips on networking effectively, setting up an online presence, persevering through doubt and getting relevant experience.
It’s pretty out-of-format for us, but it’s an informative and fun discussion.
We continue the discussion into BACKMATTER where we focus on emerging writers approaching directors to get stuff made.
- The St Kilda Film Festival Official Webpage
- HEARTS ONLINE by Mithila Gupta
- Corrie Chen
- Vimeo: BLOOMERS by Corrie Chen
- Simon de Bruyn
- YouTube: Henry & Aaron – It’s a Snap
- GoodReads: The Art of Asking: or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Let People Help by Amanda Palmer
- Ted Talks: The Art of Asking by Amanda Palmer
- Short of the Week
- Vimeo Staff Picks
- Director’s Notes
- iTunes: The Infinite Man
- Draft Zero: DZ-22: Romantic Comedy, Actually
- Draft Zero: DZ-12: Craft, Career and Coffins
- YouTube: TEDxConejo 2012 – Lindsay Doran – Saving The World vs Kissing The Girl via @troyguze
- io9: The 22 rules of storytelling, according to Pixar
Please considering rating us on iTunes! or sharing us on the Social Medias!