Are there screenwriting lessons to be taken from analysing the work of Michael f-ing Bay?
Of course there are. How could there not be? After all, Michael Bay is the 3rd highest grossing director at the worldwide box office… of all time. Behind, y’know, Spielberg and stuff. How could a man of such credentials not know story? Or, so argues this week’s guest: the author of MICHAEL F-ING BAY: THE UNHERALDED GENIUS IN MICHAEL BAY’S FILMS… [drumroll]… the Bitter Script Reader!
For those unfamiliar with the Bitter Script Reader and his puppet avatar, he is one of the internet’s greatest free resources for emerging screenwriters. A man who shares his experiences of being a Hollywood gatekeeper for nothing because he’s “sick of reading bad scripts”.
Together, Stu, Chas and Bitter come through with their long-threatened episode to see what – if anything – screenwriters can learn from analysing the work of one of the most successful filmmakers all time, Michael Bay. We look at THE ROCK, THE ISLAND, and PAIN & GAIN, and cover writing great villains, controlling the flow of information to the audience (via car chases, of course) and creating visual decisions on the page.
So sit back and relax while Stu, Chas and the Bitter Script Reader learn how you can [email protected]*k the page and not just the frame.
- Find the Bitter Script Reader:
- Twitter: @BittrScrptReadr
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/BitterScriptReader
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bitter-Script-Reader/154427441425
- TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION is the most brilliant and subversively political film you’ll see all year
- Amazon: Michael F-ing Bay: The Unheralded Genius in Michael Bay’s Films
- Every Frame A Painting: What is Bayhem?
- Michaelbay.com: Transformers 4: Bay on Action
- Youtube: Car chase sequence from THE ROCK
- Youtube: Trailer for THE ISLAND
- Youtube: Best of Daniel Lugo from PAIN&GAIN
Please considering rating us on iTunes! or sharing us on the Social Medias!