When you’re an emerging filmmaker, what are different ways to tackle a “career”?
It’s our Holiday Special! In this episode (recorded December 2014), Chas and Stu break all the rules. No homework. No pages. No empirical analysis. They reluctantly but boldly reflect over the first year of Draft Zero and how it has influenced their ‘careers’ (such as they are). They also engage in a heated debate on whether a short film, a micro-budget feature or web-based content is the best way to go in terms of pushing a filmmaking career forward.
As the 2014 “season” comes to a close, Chas and Stu hold two polls for the listeners:
- Should Chas and Stu spruik a favourite crowd-funding campaign run by listeners each episode?
- Should Chas and Stu stick to the rules or occasionally set format aside to talk about their personal approaches to career and craft?
May 2015 be great for all our listeners and may Chas and Stu finally open a door to find a gold-plated ensuite.
- Austin Film Festival Staff Picks review of THE SUICIDE THEORY
- Facebook: Offical Facebook page of THE SUICIDE THEORY
- STAR WARS HOLIDAY SPECIAL Part 1 of 7 (youtube)
- PAYLOAD written and directed by Stuart Willis
- RESTORATION written by Matthew Clayfield & Stuart Willis, directed by Stuart Willis
- THE TYGER written by Matthew Clayfield, art by Melanie Cook
- PLAY IT SAFE written & directed by Chris Pahlow
- MEATSPACE – Leon East’s production company. He the man.
- Draft Zero: DZ-03: Making Unlikable Protagonists Compelling
- Draft Zero: DZ-10: Midpoint Reversals and the Ride
- Draft Zero: DZ-15: World Building Rules, OK?
- Draft Zero: DZ-16: Masters of Time and Whitespace
Please considering rating us on iTunes! or sharing us on the Social Medias!