How do audience questions shape scenes?
nspired by our earlier episodes on sequences, Chas and Stu narrow their focus to look at the atomic unit of screen storytelling: the scene. In particular, we breakdown how question and answers prompted in the audience structure individual scenes.
We talk plot, character, and theme questions (and their hybrids) by analysing scenes from LOKI, THE LAST CRUSADE, THE BOURNE SUPREMACY, QUEEN AND SLIM, and DO THE RIGHT THING. We also briefly discuss SUCCESSION, DUNGEONS & DRAGONS: HONOUR AMONG THIEVES, and ANDOR
As always: SPOILERS ABOUND
- 00:00:00 – Cold Open
- 00:01:56 – Intro: Scene Questions
- 00:16:30 – Loki
- 00:23:24 – The Last Crusade
- 00:33:03 – The Bourne Supremacy
- 00:45:50 – Queen and Slim
- 01:03:03 – Do The Right Thing
- 01:15:03 – Key Learnings & Wrap Up
- 01:33:02 – Many thanks to our Patreons
SCENE EXCERPTS via:
- Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/posts/dz-99-scene-82312058
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/draft_zero/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/draft_zero
- DZ-54: Thematic Sequences: https://draft-zero.com/2018/dz-54/
- DZ-43: Driving Sequences – Character and Plot Intensity: https://draft-zero.com/2017/dz-43/
- DZ-45: Arguments of the Scene: https://draft-zero.com/2017/dz-45/
This episode brought to you by (drum roll):
- ScriptUp: https://www.scriptupstudio.com – use promo code DZ10 to get 10% off
And how can we forget our awesome Patreons, especially Alexandre, Casimir, Eduardo, Jennifer, Thomas, Garrett, Randy, Jesse, Sandra, Theis, Alex, and Khrob.
Please considering rating or subscribing to us on Apple Podcasts or sharing us on the Social Medias! We like finding new listeners. We are @stuwillis, and @chasffisher on twitter. You can find @draft_zero and @_shotzero on Instagram and Twitter.
BUY DRAFT ZERO MERCH via TeePublic