How can writers wisely invest their time in projects?
In this “special”, backmatter-only episode, Stu & Chas take inspiration from Terry Rossio’s excellent article on TIME RISK and ice skate over a range of topics. We talk about time investment in projects, Stuart’s project Restoration, doing you down work first, managing feedback, thinking positive being a negative, and we open the listener mail bag for critiques, praise and suggestions. We also explore how we could do Draft Zero episodes exploring tone and theme.
We welcome any listener feedback as to whether we should do any backmatter-only episodes into the future.
- RESTORATION written by Matthew Clayfield & Stuart Willis
- Watch it on STAN (Australia)
- The Solute: Could the Mirror Be Really You? RESTORATION (2016)
- Screen Director Podcast: Ben Mizzi talks to Stu Willis about directing Restoration
- YouTube: #Stranger2015 – Metallica’s St Anger (2003) Album Re-Recorded
- Wordplayer: “Time Risk” by Terry Rossio
- Aeon: Thinking positive is a surprisingly risky manoeuvre
- Medium: Why You Should Do Your Work First, Others’ Work Second
- /r/screenwriting: Mortified at first professional feedback
- David Foster Wallace “This Is Water”
- YouTube: David Foster Wallace Commencement Speech (Audio Only)
- Metastatic.org: http://metastatic.org/text/This%20is%20Water.pdf
- Kenyon.edu: http://bulletin.kenyon.edu/x4280.html
- Ira Glass on Creativity, Taste and Our Work
- Writer Underground: Ira Glass On Creativity (or, The Gap Between Our Taste And Our Work…)
- Vimeo: Ira Glass on Storytelling
- Vimeo: THE GAP by Ira Glass
Please send feedback to ask at draft-zero.com, via our web form or twitter @draft_zero We are @chasffisher and @stuwillis on twitter.
Please considering rating or subscribing to us on iTunes! or sharing us on the Social Medias! We like finding new listeners.