How do you determine what is your MVP?
In their annual full backwater episode, Stu and Chas let out their pandemic hair, drop the ruse of objectivity, and allow themselves to have even more options about writing and the business of writing.
In this Backmatter entry, they go deep on: future episode topics; their screenwriting lessons from 2021 (especially on control); pitching projects; the minimum viable product & minimum loveable thing; and share their exper iences with running a writers workshop/group.
There are no Star Wars references in this episode, but there are plenty of Die Hard ones. Die Hard is the new Star Wars. Get over it.
Thanks to Chris Walker for editing this episode.
- 00:00:00 – Intro: Backmatter
- 00:03:02 – Looking Forward – Episode Ideas
- 00:19:40 – Looking Back – Screenwriting Lessons
- 00:49:46 – Looking Now – Processes
- 01:28:26 – Outro
- READ: Writer’s Workshop Documents by Chas & Stu
- READ: Laziness Does Not Exist by Dr Devon Price
- READ: Story Talismans by Scott Myers
Many thanks to all our patrons, but especially Jennifer, Leigh, Thomas, Garrett, Bjorn, Randy, Jesse, Sandra, Theis and Khrob. They’re good humans who allow us to bring you more draft zero, more often.
Please considering rating or subscribing to us on Apple Podcasts or sharing us on the Social Medias! We like finding new listeners. We are @stuwillis and @chasffisher on twitter. And you can find @draft_zero on Instagram and Twitter.