This episode, Chas steps down as co-host (kinda) and is interviewed by Stu as a guest, alongside director Ben Mizzi, about the short rom-com that Chas wrote and Ben directed & produced. The episode covers taking an idea from pitch to screen, working with a director, directing performance on the page, and marketing and distribution strategies for short films.
If you are thinking of producing your own content, well worth a listen!
And if you want to watch The Snip – a 16 min rom com about a guy who gets a vasectomy without telling his wife – here it is: https://youtu.be/_iBdDFKqqbs
Thanks to Chris Walker for editing this episode.
- Introduction: The Snip
- Working With a Director (@ 3:44)
- How did you go from pitch to script? (@ 13:16)
- Short films and audience expectations (@ 22:19)
- What expectations can you have of the end product? (@ 26:41)
- How do you “direct” performance on the page? (@ 39:05)
- How do you direct performance from a writer? (@ 46:03)
- What are some marketing strategies for short films? ( @ 52:28)
- What is your online release strategy? (@ 58:22)
- WATCH: The Snip – https://youtu.be/_iBdDFKqqbs
- LISTEN: Screen Director with Jeremy Saunders on Key Art – http://www.screendirector.org/post/2015/8/14/jeremy-saunders-key-art
Please considering rating or subscribing to us on Apple Podcasts or sharing us on the Social Medias! We like finding new listeners.