How can you use setups and payoffs to stitch your film together?
In this one-shot, Chas and Stu dive into the awesomeness of EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE ALL AT ONCE. In particular, we focus on its use of setups, payoffs and reversals; breakdown the difference between Pointers and Plants and Stitches; deep dive into its Michael Arndt inspired ending. And, of course, we talk hotdog fingers and butt-plugs.
As always: SPOILERS ABOUND.
Audio quotations used for educational purposes only. Timestamps indicated below. Chapter markers included in the mp3.
Thanks to Chris Walker for editing this episode.
- 00:00:00 – Intro
- 00:00:43 – Anywhere Anything At The Same time
- 00:10:48 – Summary
- 00:29:51 – Pointers and Planters
- 00:56:17 – The Ending
- 01:17:59 – Wrap Up and Key Learnings
- 01:30:06 – Thanks to our Patreons
- Michael Arndt – Endings: The Good, the Bad, and the Insanely Great — https://vimeo.com/238637906
- DZ-06: Key Scenes and Unlocking the Story
- DZ-04: Catharsis and the Post-Coital Cigarette
- DZ-10: Midpoint Reversals and The Ride
This episode brought to you by ScriptUp – https://www.scriptupstudio.com – use promo code DZ10 to get 10% off.
Thanks to all our patrons, especially Malay, Casimir, Eduardo, Jennifer, Leigh, Garrett, Bjorn, Randy, Jesse, Sandra, Theis, Alex and Khrob. You rule!
Please considering rating or subscribing to us on Apple Podcasts or sharing us on the Social Medias! We like finding new listeners. We are @stuwillis and @chasffisher on twitter. And you can find @draft_zero on Instagram and Twitter.
BUY DRAFT ZERO MERCH via TeePublic