How do you choose which project to start next?
In their now-annual full backmatter episode, Stu and Chas let their hair down, drop the guise of objectivity, and allow themselves to have an even more subjective opinion about writing and the business of writing.
In this particular Backmatter entry, they wax lyrical on [deep breath]: character journeys, hyperlink cinema, keeping genre fresh, beginning a new co-writing relationship, managing multiple projects, choosing your next project, and – naturally – Star Wars.
SPOILERS ABOUND, particularly for The Mandalorian Season 2 and Ready or Not.
Thanks to Chris Walker for editing this episode.
- 00:00:00 – Intro
- 00:02:55 – DZ update
- 00:11:18 – Mooting future topics
- 00:39:51 – Questions to ask of a new co-writing relationship
- 00:49:56 – Why is pressure different to stakes and obstacles?
- 00:55:22 – How to manage multiple projects?
- 01:07:08 – How to pick your next project?
- 01:19:54 – The Mandalorian Season 2
- READ: Brandon Sanderson “My Work Life Balance As A Writer”
But the system using folders is actually from Anthony Johnston
- READ: Anthony Johnston – “The Organized Writer”
Many thanks to all our patrons but particularly to Randy, Bjorn, Garrett, Joakim, Khrob, and Sandra. They’re good humans.
Please considering rating or subscribing to us on Apple Podcasts or sharing us on the Social Medias! We like finding new listeners. We are @stuwillis and @chasffisher on twitter. And you can find @draft_zero on Instagram and Twitter.